Cortney Novogratz, co-star of the HGTV show “Home by Novogratz,” is known for her interior design savvy. While viewers are often most interested in her eclectic mix of modern design and vintage décor, Novogratz says homeowners should not overlook home comfort.
“I consider the selection of the heating and cooling system to be the bones of a home and a major part of the design process,” Novogratz explains. “Stylish interior design and superior indoor comfort are not mutually exclusive.”
Novogratz believes that selecting a superior heating and cooling system is one of the most important decisions her clients can make. “Homeowners should not restrict themselves to simply picking out cabinets or countertops,” she says. “The choice of a heating and cooling system is as significant, if not more so, than interior design, because it lets you have control over your comfort.”
Novogratz has teamed with our client, Mitsubishi Electric US Cooling & Heating Division, Suwanee, Ga., to help educate homeowners on the importance of being more involved in the heating and cooling system selection and their overall home comfort. Mitsubishi Electric is America’s No. 1 selling brand of ductless systems, which provide heating and cooling without ductwork.
Novogratz says homeowners should consider these unique benefits of a system without ductwork:
- There’s no need to sacrifice design. Split-ductless indoor units come in a variety of options. The small outdoor units don’t take up a lot of space and can be placed on a roof or balcony. “They really blend in,” says Novogratz.
- Because the systems have minimal or no ductwork, there is no need for lower drop ceilings or awkward room shapes.
- The indoor unit in each space provides individual easy-to-use climate control. “With the cold winters we have in New York — and all the daylight we have in our Manhattan home — this system gives us the ability to adjust the heat from room to room depending on the amount of sun and the room temperature preferences of my kids,” says Novogratz.
- Advanced technology and smart controls mean the systems run efficiently, and homeowners can easily adjust the temperature in different rooms for optimal energy savings.
- The systems circulate room air effectively and have multiple allergen filters to greatly improve a home’s indoor air quality.
Best of all, split-ductless systems keep homes warm and comfortable, even in cold climates, while still operating efficiently. So, whether you’re planning a one-room remodel or a whole-house addition, Novogratz says that Mitsubishi Electric provides the perfect solution to make your home your comfort zone.